Job Wanted.....

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rob Salimbene_*

Guest_Rob Salimbene_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:19 PM

My name is Rob Salimbene and I am a student at Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida. I am a sports management major and am currently looking for a summer job\internship, within the sport fishing industry. Although I am from Pennsylvania I have been fishing since the age of 6 and have fallen in love with the sport. I am willing to do any form of work to try and get myself into the industry. I have two of my own boats, a 25 foot wellcraft, and a 14 foot carolina skiff. I have passed the coast guard certified boating course and am thinking about possibly getting my captain's liscense. If someone would like to respond to this message my email is Glove2424@aol.com, or they could leave a post on here and I will respond with my phone number. I can also present a resume if needed. Thank you for your time and tight lines.....

#2 Guest_obie philbrook_*

Guest_obie philbrook_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:48 AM

In the same boat you are. Hard to break in, maybe we can put our heads together and start something. I have experience, captains lisence and a new boston whaler. mrmaine97@hotmail.com

#3 Captain Russ

Captain Russ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:51 AM

In 1977 I mailed letters of introduction to the major docks in Islamorada. This baisically did nothing. I received one reply that suggested I come to the Keys and hang around the docks and meet some captains and maybve get my foot in the door. I did and Idid...... Got work at a small boat marina for part of a year before I met a Captain with a party boat and started working with him. The next year I got a job on a charterboat and worked the charterboats as a mate for a number of years. Got my USCG Tonnage license and I have now operated my own boat for the last 17 years.

Capt. Russ
Visit me online at
http://www.RustyIV.com
Offshore, Backcountry, Everglades National Park and Gulf fishing.

#4 Captain Russ

Captain Russ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:52 AM

Rob, By the way I am from Penna. also.

Russ
Visit me online at
http://www.RustyIV.com
Offshore, Backcountry, Everglades National Park and Gulf fishing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users